When I was 21, I made this list of life rules for how I wanted to live my life and keep relationships. I looked through this list today, and realized that it badly needs to be updated. Let’s see how this tweaked list is going to make my life a bit better from here.
- If you want to understand a person, do not listen to what he says. Instead listen to what he does not say. Learn to read in between lines, and observe the way he says things.
- The true value of a person is tested during the darkest times of his life.
- Each one of us is unique. We may find and meet people who are a lot like us, but they will never be us.
- Always be the best version of yourself, and never settle for a second rate imitation of someone you aspire to be.
- Know all your strengths, and use them in a way that will be beneficial to you.
- Don’t be affected by the people who ridicule the choices you make.
- Stand up for your decisions, and try your best not to regret them.
- You can never make your dreams happen if you don’t take chances.
- Make mistakes, and make sure you learn something from every journey you take.
10.Take time to be alone every now and then.
- Be honest with yourself. If you love someone, say it. It doesn’t matter if the person doesn’t feel the same. Surprisingly, unrequited love is easier to live with than unsolicited love.
- Laugh and enjoy your life. When you’re old and you can no longer do the things you want, you will only have your memories of all your happy moments to get you through.
- Bask in how beautiful nature can be. Remember that you are a part of it, and you are just as beautiful.
- Appreciate everything that you have, especially the little things.
- Never hesitate to help those less fortunate than you. It doesn’t necessarily have to be financial. Sometimes, the mere fact that you don’t leave their side when they are in need is so much more of a help than money can be.
- Love is a decision. Love is never easy that’s why it should never be based on feelings alone.
- We can never change reality, but we can change the way we look at it.
- Enjoy the present and what you have now. It’s today that really matters. Yesterday can’t hurt you anymore, and tomorrow is still just an illusion.
- There is nothing in this world more beautiful than the sunset.