Seasons (A Collection of Six Haikus)

February 17, 2010ishabelle

I notice that a lot of people are fond of writing Haiku. I, on the other hand, write poems about love and, sometimes, society. I think I have written Some Haiku before, but I don’t know where those poems are. I decided to write a Haiku today, just for the fun of it. I came up with one poem, but I felt like one Haiku was not enough. If I can come up with a 20-line poem anytime, surely, a Haiku wouldn’t be so difficult, would it? I tried to write more, and I finally came up with six Haikus. Enjoy, friends! πŸ™‚

Summer’s almost here.
Children are all out, playing,
Having fun each day.

Rainy days are gone. The sun is shining brightly; The sky is now clear.

When leaves are golden,
The air is almost frozen.
Autumn has begun.

I touch the cold ice Falling from a cloudless sky, This winter, so cold.

Flowers all blooming
So colorful, they all are
Everytime spring comes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let’s go to the beach
And roll in the fine white sand
Under the hot sun.

Comments (22)

• talibhaiku

February 17, 2010 at 10:33 am

An imressive collection of haiku there, you should do it more often – they really conjure the imagery of the seasons. I especially liked the 3rd and 4th. Keep it up.

TH

1. ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 11:33 am

hello, th… thanks for the comment… πŸ™‚ im glad you liked those two haikus… πŸ™‚

• I.S.

February 17, 2010 at 10:51 am

ahh…the beauty of the seasons’ transitions. i love each season and I am usually ready for each one to come just as the previous one is leaving. well, to not have written a haiku in a while i sure can’t tell. well done!

~IS

1. ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 11:35 am

thank you, IS… πŸ™‚ haiku is tricky… it looks so simple, but it really needs a good choice of words… πŸ™‚

• justmeshakira

February 17, 2010 at 1:32 pm

Way to go girl!!!
    I really like them.

I am still breathless from my workout. lol

hugs
    shakira

1. ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm

thanks for the appreciation, shakira… im really glad you liked them (considering that you’re good at haiku yourself)…xoxo

1. justmeshakira

February 17, 2010 at 1:43 pm

Lol, I am not good in Haiku but
        I really have fun doing it.

Ishabelle, want to join Haiku Wednesday?

I just started browsing for HAPPENINGS in
        the blogosphere,
        just thought you may like to know.

hugs
        shakira

• ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 1:51 pm

i’d be more than happy to join…. however, im still currently at work and blogspot and livejournal are restricted here…. i won’t be able to visit your blog until i get home this afternoon… πŸ™‚

• jingle

February 17, 2010 at 5:44 pm

great job, fresh and insightful!
    sun, fun, beach, rain, ice…
    they are sense making and remind me of life’s seasons..

1. ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 6:11 pm

thank you, jingle… it means a lot to get that kind of compliment coming from a poet like you… πŸ™‚

• brian miller

February 17, 2010 at 6:51 pm

thanks for the dash of warmth…notice a few of these are about summer…fueling my desire for warmer weather. nicely done.

1. ishabelle

February 17, 2010 at 6:59 pm

you’re right.. our summer here in the philippines starts in April… I can hardly wait… πŸ™‚

• gargoylesroost

February 18, 2010 at 2:03 am

Beautiful, Isha. Haiku and senryu are my first love and favorite forms of poetry. I think it’s challenging to try and evoke emotion or create an image in seventeen syllables, and you’ve done it wonderfully. Please do more…

1. ishabelle

February 18, 2010 at 8:27 am

why, thank you so much… πŸ™‚ i am glad that you liked them… πŸ™‚ i will try to do more haiku, and i hope that you and the others will like them as well… wink

• Ray Sharp

February 18, 2010 at 9:33 pm

Lovely poems, woman! Haiku is great for paying attention to line breaks and rhythm, making every word count. I love how you use these inseries to bring us around the seasons. After winter, makes me long for the beach.
    Ray

1. ishabelle

February 18, 2010 at 9:40 pm

thank you for the comment, ray… im glad i was able to take you on a trip via your imagination… πŸ™‚

• laurenmichelleotheim

February 19, 2010 at 11:52 am

These made me smile! I greatly enjoyed them!

I nominated you for a Sunshine Award!

1. ishabelle

February 19, 2010 at 4:10 pm

thanks, lauren… πŸ™‚ i really appreciate it… you’re welcome here anytime… πŸ™‚

• Jingle

February 25, 2010 at 4:31 am

an award 4 u,
    thank u for supporting Thursday Poets’ Rally week 7.
    cheers, πŸ˜‰

1. ishabelle

February 25, 2010 at 9:47 am

thank you so much, jingle… and expect that i will always be a supporter of the poets rally… πŸ™‚ you are doing a great job in coordinating with everyone… πŸ™‚

• shoelessboywonder

February 25, 2010 at 8:43 am

Yes indeed a fine piece of work. I have added you to my blog roll so I can continue to check your work, look forward to many more comments from me.

1. ishabelle

February 25, 2010 at 9:41 am

hello… πŸ™‚ thank you so much for your encouraging comment. πŸ™‚ it’s an honor to be in your blogroll.. πŸ™‚