Heart

February 4, 2010ishabelle

Sometimes, I get tired of loving you.
It seems as though it’s all I do.
Night and day, you’re always on my mind.
I really have no idea just why.

I don’t know just why I feel this way
When I know you’ll never feel the same.
You hurt me, and you break my heart.
You tear my whole world apart.

You don’t know how I hurt inside.
But still, you’re never out my mind.
Whatever it is that I feel for you
Will only leave me wounded and blue.

You have no idea just how IĀ  break down
Or how my heart falls to the ground.
You see, all I ever did was fall in love,
Yet it’s with someone I just can’t have.

Sometimes, I get tired of loving you,
But I don’t know just why I still do.
No matter how many times I get hurt,
It’s still you who has my heart.

Comments (39)

• jingle

February 4, 2010 at 12:17 am

that is an amazing poem as your first,
    loving is a pain at times,
    nobody knows why,
    it is hard to let go,
    and it is a smart act to write it down and share with us…

excellent job, ishabelle šŸ˜‰

February 4, 2010 at 8:59 am

hehehe… actually, this isn’t my first poem. i’ve written a lot before this, and a lot afterwards… šŸ™‚

• jingle

February 4, 2010 at 12:19 am

hope that you enjoy fresh poets’ blogs when you find time to comment for those,
    it is a way to get better..

triple cheers, šŸ˜‰

• jingle

February 4, 2010 at 10:01 am

sorry,

happy to see you poem up for comments,
    enjoy an enlightening evening, šŸ˜‰

February 4, 2010 at 10:12 am

no worries… i’ll check your blog for other poets, so i can read their poems as well and commend them for very well written poems. šŸ™‚ thanks so much for appreciating the poem i wrote. šŸ™‚ thanks for including me on this week’s list as well. šŸ™‚

• justmeshakira

February 4, 2010 at 10:39 am

Matters of the heart.
    Something which our minds do not comprehend.
    I have felt these feelings you written.
    Never want to feel them again.lol
    hugs
    shakira

February 4, 2010 at 11:02 am

thanks, justmeshakira… šŸ™‚ me too, i never want to feel that way again. thankfully, i got over the person i wrote this poem for… šŸ™‚

1. justmeshakira

February 4, 2010 at 10:53 pm

You take care now, dear.
        Thank you so much for sharing.
        hugs
        shakira

• pttyann

February 4, 2010 at 10:44 am

“Whoa” Ishabelle that poem is good,good,good!!!!!! “Wooo” brings back bad memories but your point is so on point,and how can they hurt us that way I’ll never understand,I guess that’s just being a man. šŸ˜€ šŸ˜€

February 4, 2010 at 11:03 am

thanks for visting the site, pttyann. im glad you thought that the poem was good. yes, men hurt us, and most of the time, they don;t even know how much.

• gbaugh

February 4, 2010 at 12:35 pm

“Sometimes, I get tired of loving you”
    Great poem/song- are your poems set to music? Great writing!
    Gerardine Baugh

February 4, 2010 at 1:00 pm

hey, gerardine… thank you for dropping by. im glad you liked it. unfortunately, my poems are not set to music. but i am open to that possibility if someone offers….

• datsme

February 4, 2010 at 2:02 pm

Sometimes your mind knows you have to let go but your heart simply doesn’t know how to. I loved your poem. the emotions were expressed beautifully.

Thanks for sharing it šŸ™‚

February 4, 2010 at 2:11 pm

thank you for appreciating my poem. im glad that you liked it. im really glad that a lot of people appreciated it. you are welcome here anytime. šŸ™‚

• nanno1982

February 4, 2010 at 4:56 pm

Now I know why you liked my last poem šŸ™‚

It seems that women shared the same experience at a point at the course of their lives..

I love your poem.. And I can so much relate.. Sometimes loving too much is just our destiny..

February 4, 2010 at 5:09 pm

yup… sometimes, women love men at a level that men cannot reciprocate. but it’s just how women are, and we should be proud of our capacity to love.

• limusbeanusrex

February 4, 2010 at 10:22 pm

You’ve said it very well

February 5, 2010 at 9:51 am

thank you so much for leaving a comment. i am very happy that you liked my poem. this is exactly the reason why i love wroting poetry. i write it because i want to give a voice to those who cannot put their feelings into words. šŸ™‚

• Tom Baker

February 4, 2010 at 10:51 pm

Great poem. Love can be obsessive at times. I would like to read more or even post one on my site. Take care and have a great day.

February 5, 2010 at 9:52 am

thanks for coming back to my blog, Tom. im glad you liekd the poem. šŸ™‚

• mcfloetry

February 4, 2010 at 11:46 pm

That was very heartfelt, it felt like reading the words of a song. Very sad – but I know that feeling and you described it well.

February 5, 2010 at 9:55 am

thanks, mcfloetry. i read your poems too, and they are all amazing! šŸ™‚ im glad you liked my poem. šŸ™‚

• brian miller

February 4, 2010 at 11:52 pm

wow. nicely done…love has a way of blinding us to the pain…

February 5, 2010 at 9:56 am

thanks for the comment, brian. šŸ™‚ im really glad that you liked what i wrote. šŸ™‚ your welcome here anytime. šŸ˜€

• tonydowning

February 5, 2010 at 2:52 am

Great poem!!! I loved it. I’ve felt the same things you speak of with women I’ve been in love with. Thank you for writing this poem, so full of sincerity and passion!I guess women do fall deeper in love than men….and men don’t know it!

February 5, 2010 at 9:58 am

hey there, tony. thanks for the appreciation. im happy that you came by and left a comment. šŸ™‚ sometimes, women don’t know how much men love them too. heheh.. šŸ™‚

• critiqaltheory

February 5, 2010 at 6:03 am

I just read this after an email from an old crush saying I’m missed back home in Sydney. Resonance much? Fine work. šŸ˜‰

February 5, 2010 at 10:03 am

hehehe… thanks for the comment; i really appreciate it. im glad you lked the poem. šŸ™‚ resonance indeed! šŸ™‚

• gargoylesroost

February 5, 2010 at 6:59 am

Very nice – great take on unrequited love. I love the way your first line sets the tone for the poem.

I’ve added you to my blogroll – I hope you don’t mind.

February 5, 2010 at 10:04 am

awww… it would be an honor to be included on your blogroll. šŸ™‚ thank you so much. i’m so glad you liked my poem. šŸ™‚ thanks for the comment too. šŸ™‚ you’re welcome here anytime. šŸ™‚

• kseverny

February 5, 2010 at 10:27 am

spoken from the heart.
    wonderful

February 5, 2010 at 11:02 am

thanks for the comment, dude… i really appreciate it. im glad you liked the poem. šŸ™‚

• jingle

February 5, 2010 at 11:23 am

honored to be in your blogroll,
    sweet dreams, šŸ˜‰

• drj3kyll

February 5, 2010 at 4:24 pm

It’s…hard for me to read this, and not in the facet that I simply don’t have the capacity to love this much.

I’ve washed down a stream of “love” stories in which my various significant others have found an excuse not to justify their actions in the circumstance that they simply cannot understand their own feelings.

I told the last of my unfortunate streak, “if you don’t have a driver’s license, you don’t drive. If you cannot swim, you don’t go near water. If you cannot suspend terminal velocity (I was, admittedly, a tad sarcastically angry at this point, lol!), you don’t jump out of an airplane. So why would you even think about loving me when you don’t know what ‘love’ is?”

Reading your poem helps me realize, however, the degree to which I once bound myself in desperation, and the distance I have since bounded to put it behind me. It is an ode to wondrous repetition to know it as my “rebound.” XD

Thank you for sharing with us. šŸ™‚

February 5, 2010 at 5:05 pm

hi, thanks so much for dropping by and leaving a comment. i hope you don;t give up on love. it is difficult to love, but it’s well worth the journey. šŸ™‚

• The Day Before Saturday « chocolate high

February 12, 2010 at 9:17 am

[…] a song out of my poems. If you’ve read my blog, you can check the poems Revisited and Heart. He was able to create a melody for the poems. He let me hear his work yesterday. I want to commend […]

• Stephen Kellogg

February 14, 2010 at 2:27 pm

Isha,
    great capture of how the heart can continue to love and pull you even when you know the other person doesn’t reciprocate and the strain that causes. Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work.

Stephen

February 15, 2010 at 8:40 am

hello, stephen… thank you so much for your encouraging comment… šŸ™‚ im glad you liked the poem… šŸ™‚